Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Livin' in a big kid world but....

I have to remember that I have little kids too. Today was one of those rare days when I had nothing to do or at least no where to go. I was wondering what to do so that Christian wouldn't get bored when I thought of going for a walk. This was after we watched Backyardigans (free right now on Nick.) and painted a couple of snow pictures. So we bundled up and off we went. It was as he was riding and Callia was in the stroller that I started thinking about how our life is so geared for the older two. Our schedule revolves around driving to and from school and their activities - Callia's nap must fit in b/w lunch and school pick up. I realized that I need to make more time for walks with the younger two and instead of just breathing a sigh of relief when I don't have to take them out shopping I could take them to the park to play with all the other little ones. We go to the park tons in the summer and spring but I forget that moms who don't run to and from school still take their kids out in the cooler months so that they can get out of the house. However, saying all that I feel like I do play more with C and C at home b/c I realize that all too quickly they are off and running to kindergarten. Life is so calm with the two little ones home - it's as they get bigger that life gets so hectic - too bad I didn't realize that when I only had two in total!:)

1 comment:

susan said...

Hi there...I'm not sure how to contact you but you wanted to have access to my blog but didn't give me your email address. :-) If you'd prefer to do it via facebook you could probably find me on Amanda's or Candice's.

Thanks Yvonne.

s