Friday, March 30, 2007

Can you believe it?

When we were away we had to pull out our old memory card for the camera - when I put it in I first wondered how a picture of Christian got on it - especially since we never use this card. I almost instantly realized that it wasn't Christian but Ethan. It must have been one of the first pictures we took with our camera and for some reason it was never down loaded. Looking at this picture makes me a little sad - my baby is growing up so quickly. He is already five going on fifteen. Sometimes I'm sad that our baby days are probably all gone. I try to cherish every ounce of Christian as I know that it whips by at lightening speed. I'm excited for the future and for doing big kid things but when you've looked forward to having a baby your whole life it's hard to believe that that stage is probably over. (until the grand kids come) Mom's (and dad's) try to treasure every ounce of your time with your crying, screaming, driving you nuts baby, toddler, preschooler, kindergartener etc. b/c before you know it they'll be grown up. I try to remember that and when I do I'm a better mom. Enjoy them!:)

3 comments:

Candice said...

First glance, I knew it was Ethan, but then I was wondering why you would still have a pic of him on your camera!?!? They look quite a bit alike hey??

Thanks for the reminder to enjoy every moment. I already feel like my boys are becoming less dependent on me. Some days it's nice, and others it's just so sad !! CHERISH EACH "MOMENT"!!

Ange K said...

Aw man. You made me teary-eyed.

Amanda said...

Yvonne, you could always try for baby boy #4! ha ha ha!