Friday, September 12, 2008

Sore Legs

Yep my legs are hurting. Yesterday I went for a sprint. You see we were half way home when I realized that I forgot one of my kids. I asked my friend and the other kids if he was up ahead -no one knew so I ran ahead and when he wasn't there I knew it. Oops, I had forgotten Christian at school. My friend took Ethan and Aiden and I took the stroller and sprinted back to the school. I had so many thoughts going thru my head. When I arrived at school he wasn't on the primary playground - I was ready to lose it. However, as I rounded a corner there he was with a mom I know. She asked if I was missing someone. Thank God (literally) that she had noticed me walk by and when she went over to the intermediate playground and saw Christian she went up to him and asked him where his mommy was. Christian said - "classroom". She didn't think so, so she took him by his hand and that's when I found him. Phew!! I was so thrilled to see him and gave him a big hug. He had no idea why - he thought I was visiting Ethan's class. I'm glad he didn't know - I had visions of him freaking out and wandering around. When he saw me he just wanted to know where Ethan and Aiden were. I can't believe I forgot him - I guess it's not too bad - I've made it two years without losing anyone! Let's say I'll be doing head counts from now on!!

No comments: