Thursday, September 18, 2008

Can you hear it?




The peace, the quiet, the stillness....the click of the keyboard....the sound of having three boys in school and one little girl blissfully napping. YAHOOO!!! I'm going to LOVE Tues. and Thurs. mornings!!!!!!! Ethan's been in school for almost three weeks, Aiden 2 weeks and today was Christian's first day in preschool. I felt a little sad as each one embarked on a new year but let me tell you I am going to FULLY enjoy my two mornings a week, a little under 2 1/2 hours each of just me and my girl. Ah, I can clean and organize without out the guilt of ignoring my children, I can blog and read (with only a little guilt that Rich is in work), I can go shopping with just one child... I may just sit and listen to nothing at all. Here is a little update on each of the boys and their fall endeavours.


Ethan has just started grade two. He seems to have a really sweet teacher... and so far no homework except for reading so Ethan likes her too. Though he still hates school - hopefully that changes. Ethan began a six week ice skating class with his friend. He's had one class so far and did well. He has done it with both his kindergarten and gr. 1 classes for six weeks each time - this time though he'll get more one on one time. Ethan is also playing soccer - he was just traded to another team b/c of scheduling conflicts! With having only one vehicle we knew Sat. mornings were going to be crazy with two soccer games but we were hoping that the games were one after another, but that wasn't the case. Every time Ethan's time changed so did Aiden's making it so I would have to go to every game - drop Rich and Aiden off at one field and take the other two to Ethan's games (even in the rain - yuck) and the fields were no where near each other. Well, the trade has now happened and the coach is willing to pick Ethan up when we need him too - phew!


Aiden has started kindergarten and loves school and his teacher. He had no problems going into class! He is going to be assessed by the schools speech therapist to make sure I guess that he is just delayed in speaking and has no other issues. I would like him to get the help if they can. He also began ice -skating lessons and did amazingly well. They didn't have a bar for him so he just had to go for it. He was able to skate a bit, he fell a lot but amazingly he was able to get up by himself. I think that Aiden is a natural athlete. Aiden began soccer this year and Rich is coaching him. Aiden is pretty focused while playing and loves that he has daddy time.


Christian just started preschool today. My baby boy is growing up! We don't usually put our kids in preschool at 3 - I like to have them home as long as possible but Christian really wanted to go to school - every day last year he would ask when was his school day (we called kids club his school). So, when I heard that a preschool was opening up at our school I signed him up. He walked right in and barely looked up to say bye to me. He's going to love it. He has been talking for weeks about showing this and that to his preschool friends. He also started ice skating on Monday and it was a gong show. He is with Aiden. However, unlike Aiden (and he is only 3), Christian spend the whole time (almost) flat out or sitting on the ice. By the end of the lesson he was able to stand a bit with the help of a small chair and an instructor holding onto the chair. It'll be interesting to see how he goes over the next five weeks. Christian also begins swimming lessons on Wed. mornings. Those he'll love and be great at. He's ended up being a pretty busy boy.
Our evenings are busy, our days are busy but ahhh, there is always Tues. and Thurs. mornings!!!!!

1 comment:

Candice said...

NOPE !! Still hear lots of noise around here. I am SO NOT THERE YET :o) Things just seem more hectic around here than I had thought. Oh well, once we get a routine going, it will be ALL GOOD !