Friday, October 19, 2007

Doggy Party!!










Sometime in the spring Aiden decided that he wanted a doggy party. It is great to be so organized and to know what you want months in advance, however, when it is mentioned almost every single day it gets a little tiring.
Well, finally last Sat. Aiden had his doggy party. We invited 7 of his friends. When they arrived they got their faces painted like little dogs and made dog tags out of licorice and fruit loops. We then played a game where they had to each find four dog bones to match their collars. That was followed by a game of Doggy doggy where's your bone. They then went into the kitchen and made dog houses - the kids were really into this and did a fab. job. I found these little sugar dogs at Scoop n save so each had a dog to put on their house. We then had lunch, played trainer says and opened presents. The event ended with cake. It was the fist time I have ever made one of their cakes. I swore I never would make one since IGA does a good job and is yummy but I didn't think IGA would do what I had in mind so I ventured out. It turned out not too bad and I did discover Scoop n Save which could inspire anyone into making their own cakes/cup cakes -it's an amazing store. Anyways, back to the party - I think the kids had fun and I know that Aiden did. Thankfully, he has not mentioned next years party -yet!:)

1 comment:

Ange K said...

It was indeed fun. Elijah and I ate his dog house together. Shame on me...