Friday, October 19, 2007

Maybe it could be both?

I think the only comment of heard more than congratulations or wow (or the stunned silence with the gaping mouth) is "so I guess you're wanting a girl". ERRR! I guess it's a natural assumption that we want a girl right now more than a boy but we honestly don't. I had to come to a place where I didn't care or else when boy number four showed up I would be depressed ( I almost was with Christian). I think now that a boy would be more practical - sharing rooms, clothes and toys. A boy would give Christian a buddy and they could share a room forever. I also know what to do with boys - how to play with them more importantly how to change their diapers (they have way less nooks and crannies). Of course I would love a girl -no matter how "impractical" it would be. We would go into debt with the clothes I would buy - we would have so much fun babying her - she would definately be our princess (though with three bros. she would probably end of being a tomboy). Most importantly the mom/daughter relationship when she becomes a mom would be great. Rich is like me and doesn't mind either way. Christian has no preference - in fact when we ask him if he wants a baby he emphatically shakes his head no. Ethan wants a girl and has proclaimed that he is moving to a new family if he gets another brother. Aiden wants a boy.

We were out for lunch last week with my mom, nana and aunt from England when Aiden let us all know that he wants a boy. My mom said will Ethan wants a girl. So at first Aiden said we can have a boy first and then a girl. I told him I'm only having one more baby. Aiden solved the problem b/w him and Etha - he then said that the baby could be both. I said I don't think so - we would like the baby to be one or the other. I used to have nightmares about that when I was pregnant with Ethan. Thanks Aiden - but the baby CAN'T be both!:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i know i was one of the idiots that asked that question. i knew i shouldn't, but it was like i couldn't not ask it. i think it's a sign of getting old. pretty soon i'll be taking people to task and telling them that they shouldn't let their kids play outside in the winter. oh wait, that just happens here. and it's not even winter!

Why-Von said...

Naw Cara - you're not an idiot. It's the same question I would ask someone too if they had three of one sex.

Ange K said...

I was the gaping mouth silent reaction (although it was on the phone so you couldn't see the gaping). I think I was more shocked that I didn't see it coming, rather than the fact that you're having a 4th (we want 4 too, so nothing strange there!). Somehow I thought I would have known if you were trying, maybe because we've told the world! :o)