Sunday, April 20, 2008

Pictures with Significance



These are two of my favourite pictures - neither is perfect but they both represent something important to me. The first one - Rich took seconds after Callia was born. This pic. is significant b/c it's the moment we found out for sure that Callia was a girl and b/c you can see her umbilical cord (which I didn't even notice at that moment). The first reason for it being sig. if obvious but the second may not be to most. You see, I've been through four pregnancies, experienced waking up in labour, water breaking all over the floor, 29 hours of labour but I've never actually pushed out a bambino which means I've never seen a baby the second he/she has been born. So this is why the first pic. is also special - I was able to see Callia all gooey, seconds old and I saw her cord - the first one ever! Rich was even able to cut the cord - the second for him.
The second pic. is special b/c I think it represents our family well. Of course I wanted to get the perfect first family of six shot but know what (may be a suprise to some) we aren't perfect and this picture captures "us". In this picture I see a life full of fun, adventure, mishaps and lots of love! We all tried to look our best but co-ordinating six people isn't easy - good luck to any future photographers we go to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i think they are both fabulous pictures - real pictures. i dislike posed pictures.
you look great in the second picture. Rich looks a little on the tired side though.
congrats again on such a little beauty!

Ange K said...

So awesome.