Sunday, April 20, 2008

Our Girl!

Callia Marie Shimmin
April 16, 2008
7lbs 3oz 20"

Wow! I can't believe we really have a little girl. Once I knew the sex of our baby I told Rich that "Now, I'm excited". Not only that but the surgery was almost over and I and the baby made it thru so it was time to start celebrating! The morning went so smoothly - I couldn't have asked for a better day. I didn't die of starvation or thirst, I wasn't bumped - in fact according to Rich (and he would know since he was facebooking everything) I went into the operating room 10:50 (early) and Callia was born at 11:05. That's pretty great for being on time. God answered every one of our prayers to the letter that morning - I basically worried the last few days for nothing!! I know we had so many people praying for us that day and we felt it! The doc., anaesthesiologist and nurses made it quite clear that this was a riskier surgery b/c of it being my fourth but I was fine - not nervous, peaceful. The anaesthesiologist even put in an extra line for an IV in case anything a happened during surgery but nothing did - except for our beautiful girl. Anyways, I have someone calling my name who needs to be fed so I gotta run. Just wanted to say thanks for praying - we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day.

No comments: