Thursday, October 2, 2008

What!?!

I was just looking at Aiden's October school calander and noticed that they're having a fire drill (I remember those), then an earthquake drill (never did one in school but know they do them now) and then I read lock down drill. WHAT! Yikes - there is probably a better chance of the school catching fire or an earthquake happening then an incident where they needed to lock down the school but still - it sounds scary. I was going to title this entry Welcome to the public school system but I don't think it matters if your child goes to private or public - it only takes one kid to go commando or something wrong to happen outside of the school and the school has to lock down. But still - I guess I could have labelled it Welcome to our World in 2008. Hmmm, maybe I should homeschool - naw - then we'ld be in constant lock down or at least that's where I would end up by the end of the first week.

No comments: