Friday, November 21, 2008

What have I created?


At the beginning of September I decided that I was going to do breakfast different this year. Aiden was eating not eating enough when he chose cold cereal so he would go to school with a full tummy I had to come up with a plan. I got my idea from a friend and didn't know if I could do it but I have and it's going well - maybe too well. You see I decided that I would make pancakes one morning, which would do for two breakfasts, have eggs and sausage one morning and then on the other two mornings they can choose b/w toast, hot cereal or cold cereal. My little 3 year old doesn't remember life pre pancakes in the morning. B/f this idea took hold of our life, pancakes were reserved for an easy dinner but now they're for breakfast and Christian figures they should be for breakfast every day (or almost). This pic. was taken a couple of days ago after I told him no I can't make pancakes (wasn't quite in the groove after our trip) and you would've thought I had just told him that trains don't exist! He asks almost every morning for pancakes -he usually takes no okay as long as we've had them within the last couple of days!! Man, what have I created?

2 comments:

susan said...

I have a very picky eater but my son LOVES pancakes...we have them a lot. What I do is make a batch, he'll eat his one or two and then I freeze the rest for breakfasts. It's quick, he loves it and they are still homemade.
Good luck!

Why-Von said...

I've been meaning to make some to freeze but so far haven't found the time. thanks for leaving a note!