Friday, June 22, 2007

Boys will be boys









It's interesting being the mom of boys. I was never a tomboy - I didn't care about bugs, dirt , climbing trees but I'm finding that I now have to be interested in these types of things. I suddenly have to find snails to be the most interesting creatures around (we found 17 live ones on the way home from school one day this week, 4 dead ones and 3 in our back yard). I suddenly have to enjoy catching tadpoles (which Ethan at 5 1/2 is already better at than me). I suddenly have to not be squeamish that there may be cat/dog poop in a pile of sand and let them at it. I suddenly can't be nervous going down steep inclines in the woods b/c even though the boys love to explore they sometimes need encouragement to go down or up something a little steep. I suddenly have to be interested in taking care of ants or any other creature that may be in danger of being stepped on. And if I'm honest with you all - this is all fun. I think some of my favourite moments with the boys is when they are fascinated with nature - when they find enjoyment in the smallest things and entertain themselves for many minutes with just dirt and a shovel. I'll post some pictures when blogger lets me.

2 comments:

Ange K said...

Fun stuff! I can't wait to see your finished floor. It's going to be lovely.

Amanda said...

God only gives you what you can handle! You can handle 3 (4 including Rich!) and you will continue to do it amazingly! You are a wonderful mommy Yvonne!