Saturday, June 30, 2007

Kindergarten Graduation






Okay so kindergarten graduation might be a little much for some people - they graduate from preschool - grade 7, grade 10 and if we're lucky grade12! But know what, I loved kindergarten graduation for Ethan. You see, I was rarely in Ethan's classroom - the teacher only used parents for special events so I never saw his everyday stuff so it was a treat to be the classroom and to see him with his mates and his teacher. The kids came in to the grad song with their little caps on, the teacher said a few things about the year - it was so good to hear her gush about the kids b/c on the whole she is a various serious teacher (with the parents) and then the kids sang about 10 little songs which was awesome to hear. After they received their diplomas we had loads of snacks and played in the playground. I wasn't emotional until his actual last morning the next day - I started to think about how Ethan is growing up so quickly. I think with him growing up I'm worried about missing the cuddles - let me tell you I'm going to take advantage of them for as long as I can! Ethan ended up enjoying kindergarten and the funny thing is that he hardly ever said anything in french to us but now he is coming up to me with words and telling me what they mean.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ethan is growing up too fast. He looks great on his Graduation day. Congratulations, Ethan.

Ange K said...

Congratulations Ethan!

Why-Von said...

wow mom you've figured out how to leave a comment!

Candice said...

WOW, your little big boy is finished kindergarten already...where does the time go ? I can't believe that Jonah will be in school next year already...CRAZY ! I'll probably be a bit emotional to...you know me !!

Ange K said...

Has anything happened since the graduation? Just teasing. ;-)

Anonymous said...

does he go to a French school? i was reading his certificate and it was all normal to mu until i remembered i was reading an English blog.

Felicitations, Ethan!