Wednesday, October 22, 2008

1/2 a year!


Miss Callia is 6 months old! Not sure where half a year went - but it's gone. Let's see what's different with our princess:
-loves to sit in her exersaucer
-eats cereal by the gallon now (only for a bout a week)
-can balance for a few seconds while sitting on her own
-moves all over the place in her bed
-naps two times a day for sure for 1 1/2 hours to 3 hours and needs a third nap but doesn't always take it
-stares at us when eating (very intense - I wouldn't be surprised if the food flew off the spoon and into her mouth with how hard she stares at it!)
-puts everything in her mouth - including toes
-loves the big bath - splashes lots
-makes a coughing sound for fun and will mimic you when you do it (at first we thought she was choking)
-weighs in at 11lbs 12 oz (might get her checked out but Christian stalled at about this age too)
-down to four feeds during the day and then I still get her up at 10:30 (don't know if I need to or not but I tell myself I have to or my milk will deplete - really I know if I give up that feed it's a sign she's really growing up big!)
-easily laughs
-played strange with people for a bit but I think she's over it for now - unless she's really tired
-goes to the church nursery (sometimes) with no problem

I think that's about it. I love her smiles and giggles and how she lights up when she sees ME (makes a mommy feel great - maybe not so great for others). We all love her to bits!

No comments: