Saturday, February 7, 2009

A Deal for you!

This past week I thought I would play around with my camera a bit and ended up reformatting the card - not once but twice. I'm not the quickest at times! I wasn't too upset b/c there had been no major events on the card - only day to day stuff - which is still important when you have a babe around. I thought I would try to download a program to get the pictures off of the card - I found one and downloaded a free demo. It worked. It was finding most of the pictures, however, when I went to try to save the pictures onto our computer it was no longer free - the demo was over and I would have to pay 45 or so to buy the program. Well, I thought that I would phone London Drugs to see which way was cheaper - for a one time deal London Drugs would have been cheaper unless they found a thousand pics on my card -though they said they didn't think they would find anything since it had been reformatted, not just deleted. Anyways, I thought I would do a search this time for a completely free program and I found one. It is called MJM Data recovery. It took some playing around b/f it would find complete pictures but once I got it right this program was amazing. It was finding every single picture from Christmas until present day and then it went backwards. I finally stopped it b/c it was taking hours and it had found my pictures that I hadn't saved!!!!! when I stopped it, the program was only 60% done and it had found I think over 700 pictures. London drugs would have cost me tonnes if they had found that many. Anyways, if you ever delete your memory card download this program it works like a charm. the recovered pics. were the same size as usual and even had all the data (time taken, camera, etc) encoded in them.

1 comment:

Tawn said...

great info! ... I'm always worried that I'll delete the card - I'm a bit trigger happy with the delete button ... this info could save me one day :-)