Sunday, February 22, 2009

New Ways to clean...

Way back in June 2008 I posted that I would no longer use cleaning supplies like fantastic but instead I would try to use environmentally friendly stuff. So in Jan. my cleaning supplies finally ran out (you may be thinking that either my house is a sty or I had a lot to use up). Not having much extra time on my hands I did a quick search online for cleaning alternatives and vinegar and water kept popping up. Since I had to clean the house that day, didn't want to buy anything and had lots of vinegar I decided to give it a whirl. I've been using a vinegar water mix for a couple of weeks now and it seems to be working???? Who really knows, I can't see the germs, bacteria that may be festering on my counter tops and toilets but hey it looks clean. If anyone has any environmentally cleaning products let me know. I have to say it feels good squiring water and vinegar instead of chemicals.

1 comment:

Candice said...

I have also tried to go chemical free although I'm sure that the new stuff I buy must have something in it. For me, cleaning is all about the smell. If it's not going to smell nice and clean then... I use "green works' products and have found them to work fairly well and for not much money. I have microfibre cloths which I use on the windows and mirrors and therefore only need water to clean them with. I do still use good old Pine Sol in the toilets because I NEED to know that the germs are being destroyed.
"Happy Cleaning" *smile*