Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Errrrrr!

I don't get it. We've had our place up for sale since Sept. We weren't really planning on it -it just kinda happened. We had said that we would wait for Callia to be a year but we didn't. Wished we had. She is now almost one and our place is still up for sale. We had an offer this weekend and we accepted it. They wanted possession by April 2 so we moved fast -found a house we loved - it was the perfect size, layout and location so we put an offer on it. The catch was that it was out of our price range by about 40 grand however, it needed a lot of work done to it - about that much probably so we thought we would put in a one time offer. Our realtor didn't really hold out much hope - I felt (for some reason) that it would work out and guess what, it did. On Mon (today is Wed) we wrote the offer and it was accepted. EVerything was to be completed by next week - our house would be completed in one week and the offer on the other house would be completed in 9 days and we would move in at the beg. of April. Which was perfect timing since Callia would be turning one and we could have a big fam. party (finally) at our house. HOwver, it is not going to happen. The people who wanted to buy our place lied about their finances and last night everything fell thru. IT sucks!! We thought this was the right thing b/c of how everything was coming together - the timing seemed perfect - our financing was way better then expected but I guess it wasn't the right thing. I am so tired of not knowing what's going on. I'm so tired of waiting for someone to offer us something. I am tired of wondering if there will be the perfect house out there for us. Most of all I'm so disappointed that we have spent almost all of Callia's first year having this unknown hanging around our necks. On the whole it hasn't made a diff. to how much time we've spent with her but there have been days when I've had to clean like mad and ignore her and the other kids. Anyways, I"ll stop now. Nothing much more to say except that I don't get it and that I'm tired of it all.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh Yvonne, I am so sorry to hear that it fell thru! Argh! I would be frustrated too!
On a lighter note....I love your new background! :)

Tawn said...

YUCK ... my cousin has JUST gone through the same thing - these people should be penalized for their dishonesty and wasting time and potential offers.

SO frustrating!!