Friday, July 4, 2008

Strawberries









We went to Krause Brother's farms on Wed. evening and bought a 15lb flat of strawberries. The boys thought we were going to pick strawberries - if I had known that was something they wanted to try I would've taken a bucket along. Oh well- next year. We bought our strawberries and then sat and enjoyed their berry shortcake - SO delicious!! I think I'll be going back for raspberries, blueberries and anything else they sell just so I can enjoy the desserts!! Anyways, the next day I enlisted the boys to help me make strawberry jam. They loved helping. What fun mashing up berries!! They also put in the pectin, the sugar and stirred it all up. We were going to friend's for dinner so I made a strawberry pie to take. First one I've ever made and it turned out yummy. I brushed on chocolate to the crust and served it with fresh whipping cream. MMMMMM. Then today I chopped up the rest of the berries to freeze. I think if the boys had their way they would've just eaten the entire 15 lbs in one sitting!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yum!!! I've been dying to get a flat of strawberries to play with but haven't got around to it yet!
Looks like you had a delisious time ;)