Monday, June 23, 2008

Which one would you eat?


Okay that's not really the right question b/c not matter what a cookie looks like I'm going to eat it - unless it's dripping with slobber and then maybe not. So I bought the large bar pan from pamper chef and from my understanding this pan is suppose to make everything turn our fabulous. I tend to disagree. I think it bites at making cookies. This is my second attempt at using it for cookies and both time my cookies have turned out flat (kind of look like an overstretched shirt) and are a yucky, uneven colour. I much prefer my old baker secret pan - the cookies turn out plump and evenly coloured. Anyways, maybe someone out there in blogger world has had better cookie making success and has suggestions. I do enjoy the pan for baking other things such as homemade fries or meat. Don't you worry though - ALL of the cookies will be gone in no time.
PS if you can't tell wich cookie I like best from the picture - it's the one on the left - this picture doesn't really show the true blahness of the pamper chef cookie.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOL! I hated making cookies until I got the pampered chef stoneware. I think the trick is to bake them for a shorter amount of time and take them out when they look not quite done. They seem to brown a little out of the oven sitting on the pan. Good luck!!

Shawna said...

Ha Ha Ha - I chose the cookie on the right...I am a pc bakeware girl!

Did you properly season your pan? Do you use soap to wash your pan?

These two above items can truly change the outcome of your baking.

I would try and season your pan again and give it another go.

I found the opposite problem - I couldn't use my bakers secret pan but I can bake anything on my pc bakeware.

Good luck to ya and good cookie eatin'!

Anonymous said...

Yvonne, I think the same thing about the pampered chef pan I bought!! After reading Shawna's comment, I think I will try to season mine again but anyways, so far, my air filled pan is the best around for cookies!
Annika

Why-Von said...

I've seasoned my pan and never use soap (best thing about it:)) The cookie looks better in the pic. than in real life. Maybe I'll give it one more shot.