Friday, August 1, 2008

Dedication!




Last Sunday was Callia's dedication. I pray that we raise her and the boys in such a way that they know in their hearts that God is real, and that He is all powerful. I hope that it's not religion that they see but a relationship. I am thankful that God can touch their lives even though Rich and I may (okay will ) make mistakes in how we raise them.
Our day was great. Callia wore a dress that my mom knitted when we were pregnant with baby number one but when Ethan came out my mom was wise and realized that there was NO WAY we would put a boy in a long gown for his dedication. Even though the dress is not my typical "style" it was neat to have her dressed in a more traditional way. Her little arm was adorned by a bracelet her Grandad and Nana gave her. Ahhh, she could have been dressed in rags and she still would have been very cute (not biased at all). We had both sets of Grandparents at church, my Nana, one of Rich's sisters (and hubby), his brother (and family) and friends from England too. We all came back to our place for a yummy BBQ. It was a good time -even if Callia did sleep for most of it. I loved hosting everyone - it was great to be able to give to the people who support us in raising our kids.

1 comment:

Shawna said...

Such a great shot of your family!

And what a blessed event!

I laughed so hard when Christian jumped off the front of the stage just to climb up...it was too cute and priceless.

May God continue to bless your family, especially your sweet baby girl!