Friday, August 8, 2008

Pancakes

When I was a kid I used to HATE pancakes as a dinner, however, as an adult I love them. I love them b/c they're easy to make and they are always enthusiastically received by the kids. We add some fruit to them and there you have it a gourmet dinner. (or not but hey did I mention they're easy and the kids love them?) I found a recipe for pancakes online and they are delicious -so sweet that you can eat them without syrup. Though now I have tweaked the recipe in order to make it a little healthier. Here are both of them. I don't know how many pancakes they make but I make it for five of us and we have leftovers (a few). The boys have never once complained about the newer version. The new version is just as good texture wise just not as sweet.

Fast and Easy Pancakes I

2c milk
3/4c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. veg. oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2c flour
1 1/2 tbl. baking powder

Place milk, sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla in blender and mix. Then add flour and baking powder and mix again. Blend until smooth. Heat lightly oiled frying pan and use 1/4c to pour out batter.

Fast and Easy Pancakes II

2c skim milk
1/4c sugar
2 eggs
1tsp. veg. oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2c whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tbl. baking powder

follow same directions as above.

If any of you have a great recipe please share - we're always up to trying new things.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Those sound yummy and I LOVE breakfast for dinner too! Jordan and I have pancakes and bacon sometimes too. Quick and easy...but I go REALLY easy and get the 'just add water' box by Aunt Jemimah! haha! I'll have to try your recipe!

Tawn said...

Thanks for sharing! I love "tried and true" recipes too ... and breakfast for dinner is a great thing - but it's usually eggs around here. I'll be sure to try this one - if not for dinner, for Saturday's breakfast. Pancakes are a weekly tradition ...