Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Don't know what to do

Okay - so I really think I'm a little crazy. We put Christian into a preschool this year b/c he really wanted to go to school. The preschool I sent E and A to didn't work with A going to kindergarten so C wasn't going to go until one opened up on the school property of where E and A go to school. He has been going there all year - he enjoys it but we've always said that we would look into getting him into the preschool his brothers went to for four year old preschool. Well, I phoned them last week and of course they are all full. For A they squeezed him into the morning four year old even though he never went to three year old but for C I was way to late and the waiting list for 4 year old is way to long. So I decided to look into a local preschool here that has had great reviews from friends - it does all the same stuff E and A's did - Christmas Concert, graduation, Bible teaching, mom's tea, dad's bbq etc. When I think back to hearing E and mostly A singing and praying things they learned in preschool I love that they had that teaching for one year. I phoned them up today thinking that they would be full for AM but I thought I would give it a shot. I was so shocked when they said that they still have four spots left. So I jumped at the chance and said that I would come in tomorrow to pay the deposit. The crazy part is that now I feel unsettled about taking him out of the old one - is it mostly b/c I feel bad for his present preschool teacher - she has just started up and I don't want to discourage her, is it b/c I'll have to rush to get to the new preschool (or any one that isn't on the school grounds) or is it a check in my spirit? ERRRR! I asked Christian and he doesn't care b/c all the boys in his class this year are going into kindergarten next year so it'll be all new boys. So what to do????? Here is a list of pros and cons.

Current

-right at school
-teacher knows Christian
-only have one teacher (so when he threw up the poor thing was left standing
by himself in the bathroom)
-strong emphasis on Halloween, no Christian teaching
-probably won't have "grad" etc
-closed for all pro d days
-no indoor gym or preschool playground
-classes not age specific (which is a pos.
and neg)

New
-have to drive to it (neg)
-teachers don't know Christian
- has multiple teachers
-taught the Bible
-has lots of extras (grad, concert, teas, bbq)
-won't miss fri and mon b/c of pro days
-indoor gym and preschool playground

See told you I'm crazy. B/f the new preschool said yes I was really hoping and praying he would be able to go to it. I think I'm mostly feeling bad about potentially hurting the current teacher. Oh why do I have to over think EVERYTHING!!!! What do you think?

4 comments:

Tawn said...

ok ... so I read and re-read and I think that your list spells it out easily. When I look at it, with no bias, the new school looks best. Good luck in choosing *smile*!

Candice said...

Go with your heart ! I know that when you first were able to put C in preschool, you had mainly put him in because it was close. BUT, as the year went on, you voiced your frustration about the "cons" of the school.
I think the new one sounds great and I think you will be most happy with that decision. It's nice for them to have some age appropriate stuff to do to prepare them for Kindergarten next year as well as little concerts, etc.
I am bummed you weren't able to get into E & A's preschool. It would have been fun to have C and B in the same class...could you imagine ??? *smile*

June Steeves said...

I think you should go with the new school. Just the thought of Christian having to be on his own when he threw up would put me in favor of the new school. I feel the Christian aspect is important and Christian love to perform so I think he would enjoy the concerts. Mom

Why-Von said...

Thanks for you comments. C is registered at the new school - doesn't mean I won't change my mind but I probably won't. Most of my going back and forth was due to PMS -oh yeah it's back until menopause. Candice it would have been so much fun to have B and C in the same class - we'll have to settle for Sunday School!:)