Friday, March 20, 2009

Treasure Box


Aiden blew out of his shoes this week so while the kids were at my parents Rich and I went shopping for shoes. We went to our local Walmart and we picked up a nice pair of shoes. We did a bit more shopping when we walked past more shoes .....Star Wars shoes. As soon as I saw them I knew Aiden would love them but I would have walked away from them. You see, I'm really not into licensed stuff - I don't buy shoes, shirts, pants or bedding with characters on them. Never really liked them. I do buy them undies, socks, backpacks and lunchboxes with them on but nothing they wear. They haven't been completely deprived since other people have bought them shirts (and they always end up being their favourites). But Rich convinced me that we should buy him the shoes (plus he has a cool pair of Next shoes -they're just hard to get on)- so we did. Even if they aren't the most stylish - it was worth the look on Aiden's face - he was so excited to have star wars shoes and now he is carrying the box around with him - it contains his treasures. So cute!! Christian received handymedown Cars shoes so he's pretty pumped. Poor Ethan - hopefully he doesn't need counselling when he gets older b/c we didn't buy him fancy shoes!:)

1 comment:

Candice said...

I'm with you on the "licensed" apparel...not my cup of tea either. J needed some indoor shoes for kindergarten, so I bought him Hot Wheels (I think)ones with lights on them. He still thanks me for buying them. They're his favorite, even if just for at school.