Saturday, March 14, 2009

Yummmo!

I received a new crock pot for Christmas and have been using it almost every week since and I'm loving it. A month ago I tried a recipe for "pull a part pork" and it was okay but this month I tried a new recipe and it is AMAZING!! It is so tasty and saucy and tender and just plain great. The boys gobbled it up where as with the first recipe they complained (well, the buns we used the first time were way too crusty too). B/c this recipe is so fantastic I thought I would share it with you all. The only difference is I only used 1lb of meat but the full amount of sauce. If I was to do the 2lbs of meat I would probably double the sauce b/c we liked it really saucy. Here it is:
lean pork roast, cubed 2 lbs
tomato sauce 7.5 ounces
ketchup 1/2 c
chopped onion 1 c
white vinegar 1/3 c
brown sugar, packed 1/3c
prepared mustard 1 tsp.
Worcestershire sauce 1 tsp.
chili powder 1 tsp.
salt 1/4 tsp.
molasses (not blackstrap) 2 tbsp.
water 2/3c

hamburger buns

Combine first 12 ingredients in 3.5 quart slow cooker. Cover. cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
Remove pork and shred it. You can then add as much sauce as you like to the pork or put it on the buns. The sauce is good for dipping homemade fries into too.

2 comments:

Candice said...

mmmm...sounds yummy ! I think that's the next item on my "wish list". I hear you can make lasagna in one. Just put in all the ingredients and cook for 3 hours...amazing...if it truly works *grin* ! Maybe you could give that one a try and let me know ?! HAHA !

Why-Von said...

i made the lasagna and it does work! you still have to precook the noodles (maybe not if you use those instant type) and brown the beef but then there's no layering you just throw everything in.