Saturday, March 28, 2009

Tired

I am SO tired of cleaning the house for showings. Even when the house seems tidy, it's not good enough for people to come thru for their TWO minute look so I still end up taking an hour or so to "tidy" more and clean more. I'm thinking of quitting!:) We went thru one place that had undies on the floor (not sure if they were clean or not), crumbs, garbage etc. and you know we would have bought it if one, we had our place sold and two if we had actually liked the layout and location. I suppose having a clean and tidy house helps and in reality I could NEVER leave my house dirty or untidy when I knew people were coming thru. But I'm tired of keeping it clean with four kids and having the cleaning taking time away from doing other things. Well, that's my gripe for the day. If this takes much longer maybe our undies will end up on the floor too, even if people are coming thru.

2 comments:

Candice said...

I admire YOU ! Seriously, I don't know how you do it. That part of the whole "house hunting" thing is so annoying, especially since there are some people who come in with NO intentions of buying, but rather to just "look"...ARGH ! One thing that our realtor told us to do and I'm not sure if you guys have done it, but put away all the toys, and take down some pictures...you know, ones that mean something to YOU, but not to someone else. The toys, we had to put up into the bedrooms, which was actually kinda nice :)
Anyway, those are just #1&2 on our realtors "to do" list. I pray that this process doesn't take much longer for you guys.
Love ya !

Why-Von said...

A lot of pictures have been taken down. We have removed a few toys but the kids need stuff to play with and there's no room in their rooms. I have thought maybe we should have decluttered even more - eg. get rid of more toys= but then I think if we still hadn't sold the kids would be going stir crazy with nothing to do.