Thursday, June 12, 2008

Ahh the thumb


I stopped feeding Callia today b/c she had fallen asleep and Christian wanted a snack. I wondered why she didn't start to cry and when I came back a minute or two later I found her sucking like crazy on her thumb. I'm soooo glad that she is enjoying her digits since once the boys found their fingers or thumbs they started to sleep longer thru the night. I know you must be thinking "ya, but then you have to break them of that habit" but so far my kids have given up their thumb/finger sucking at six months. Hopefully she follows her brothers lead too and will give it up at 6 months - right now I'm not going to worry about it - I'm going to enjoy the extra sleep that'll come with her soothing herself. (eventually)

3 comments:

June Steeves said...

What an adorable picture. This is exactly what you did when you were her age. She is beautiful my darling granddaughter.

Candice said...

WHATEVER works hey ?? Glad she has found something to soothe herself so that you can have a break ! Way to go Callia :-)

Jennifer said...

My youngest sucks her 2 middle fingers and has since she could get them in her mouth. Even though she's over a year now I still think it's really cute *shh don't tell!*