Tuesday, June 3, 2008

A Little Nutty



I think I'm a little nutty. You see Callia is now 6 1/2 weeks old and she's turning the corner from being a newborn to being a baby. One of my goals with each of our babies has been to get them to sleep on their own without having to be fed, rocked or soothered to sleep and to get them on a schedule. I do this so they sleep thru the night earlier. I was worried that Callia wouldn't get on a schedule b/c we're always out and about but she has - in fact she has done it herself - it's not 100% gauranteed but it's going pretty good so far. And now for the last couple of days Callia has been going down for her naps in her bed and right now she is having a really good long one - which is where the nutty part comes in. On one hand I'm soooo happy that she is going down with less and less crying (it wasn't much to begin with) but on the other hand I know that once she gets used to sleeping in her bed the days of us being able to hold her while she falls asleep are nearly gone!

No comments: